Hey Short on Cash? Get Your Federal Student Loans Deferment Today!


Hey Short on Cash? Get Your Federal Student Loans Deferment Today!

Sep, 9th 2016

If you are having trouble repaying your Federal Stafford Loans, you may be able to take advantage of a deferment, according to KHEAA.

A deferment lets you postpone paying your loans if you meet certain criteria. You can get a deferment if you are:

  • Still in college at least half time.
  • In a rehabilitation training program.
  • Unemployed.
  • Having economic hardship.
  • In the military.

If you have defaulted on your federal loans, you may not be able to get a deferment.

Contact the agency that is servicing your loans to see if you qualify. If you do, you will have to submit an application. You must make your monthly payments until the agency tells you that your loans are in deferment.

KHEAA is a public, non-profit agency established in 1966 to improve students’ access to college. It provides information about financial aid and financial literacy at no cost to students and parents. KHEAA also helps colleges manage their student loan default rates and verify information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To learn more about those services, visit www.kheaa.com.

Read More

Join Us. We are waiting for you!

Sign Up Today!

We welcome you to our community where you can gather and share information on debts and issues which may have your life unsettled. Together we thrive!

Logo mobile 4b2fda9e088d7249be95ede0cc3adea2de299a346ba55b450264e0c976b239c5

Join our community Today! IT'S FREE

Our Interactive Knowledge Base Has All The Infomation You Need To Settle Your Debt & Settle Your Life™


Join, Resolve & Share!