This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Services and does not apply to information collected elsewhere, including, without limitation, offline or on sites linked to or through the Services.
What Information Is Collected?
Here's what we collect from you when you use the Service:
- User-Provided Information: When you use the Service, and specifically when you do things like enter a search query, register for the Service, or create a user profile, you may be required to provide certain forms of information. If you register for the Service, we also ask you to provide an e-mail address and to select a password. You may also need to enter information that would be considered "personally identifiable" (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number).
- Third-Party Login Functionality: We allow users with accounts on third-party services, such as Facebook and Google, to log into the Service using functionality that those third parties provide (such as Facebook Connect and Google's OpenID-based authentication mechanism). By using third-party services, such as the Facebook or Google functionality to log into the Service, you permit us to access and use specific identifying information related to your third-party account. While these services make a variety of information available, Insedia.com will associate only your e-mail address or other unique user account identifier with your Insedia.com account.
- We also allow you to integrate various functionalities from other services, such as Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar, with Insedia.com. If you choose to take advantage of this integration feature in the desktop version of the Service, we will ask you for your login credentials for the other service. If you access the Service using our mobile apps, you do not need to provide your login credentials, as your mobile device allows this integration automatically. By providing those credentials or installing the mobile apps, you are agreeing that we can access and store the information that the other service's functionality contains, including personally identifiable information. Further, if you have obtained authorized access through the other service to another person's information, you understand and agree that by providing us your login credentials or installing the mobile, you are allowing and are authorized to allow Insedia.com to access and store that other person's information, including personally identifiable information.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: Like many websites and mobile apps, when you use the Service we may automatically record certain information about your visit from your web browser or our mobile app such as your IP address, the pages of the service you view, or details regarding the searches you run on the Service, such as what you are searching for, the date and time when you initiated a search, and the location from which you initiated the search. We collect and may use this information to understand and analyze the aggregate or "big picture" usage trends and preferences of our users.
- "Cookies" Information: One form of "automatically collected" information we record is information stored by "cookies." When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer or your mobile device. We use both "session" and "persistent" cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser or our mobile app. While a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser or the mobile app (and may be used by your browser or the mobile app when you later return to the Service), persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the appropriate "Help" file in your Web browser or your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
How Insedia.com uses this information:
Insedia.com uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the Service, to develop new products and services, and to customize and target content that may be more interesting, relevant or useful to you, including advertisements, and for other administrative purposes. Here are some examples of how we may use the information you provide or that we collect:
- We may use your e-mail to give you updates on the Service's features and progress (such as new search features or functions that we may add), and to provide you with promotional materials and offers (such as discounts that may become available, or news about personal care and wellness products). Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving e-mails about Service updates and promotional materials and offers, either through links provided in the e-mail messages we send to you or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
- We may communicate with you via e-mail or another form of electronic notification regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service.
- If you are logged into your account and using the Service, we may associate information regarding your usage of the Service with your account and with other information that we have collected about you, such as your search history. If you have not yet established an account with us (or you have not signed into the Service using a third-party login mechanism, described above), we record the searches you perform to a cookie. If that you later establish an account with us, or sign into our Service with that cookie still present on your computer, we may associate the searches recorded on that cookie with your new account.
How Is the Information Shared or Disclosed?
We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in helping us perform our internal business functions. These are things like performing maintenance, security, data analysis, e-mail transmission and processing, or data hosting on our behalf.
Insedia.com may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) satisfy legal obligations or comply with legal process (such as a subpoena) served on Insedia.com; (2) protect Insedia.com and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; (3) investigate and defend Insedia.com against any legal claims or threats; (4) protect and defend the rights or property of Insedia.com; (5) take action on user complaints, or (6) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Insedia.com, the Service, or the public.
If there is a change in ownership of Insedia.com, including through a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may sell or otherwise transfer all information you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, to that entity.
Insedia.com may disclose aggregated, anonymized, or other types of non-personally identifiable information, including "automatically collected" and "cookies" information that is non-personally identifiable, to third parties for various purposes. For example, Insedia.com may disclose non-personally identifiable information to our retail partners or other interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns and activity on the Service, to assist them in serving your personal care and wellness needs, to select the advertisements shown to you on our Service or on other websites and services, or to enhance your ability to conduct efficient and accurate searches.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with Insedia.com, in which case Insedia.com may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. For instance, you may delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service (see "Cookies" Information above for details). And through your account preferences page on the Service, you may update, correct, or delete certain categories of your profile information, and you may change your preferences. Please note that while your changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you previously submitted. We may retain any anonymized information for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Third-Party Advertisers and Advertising Technology Providers
If you interact with Insedia.com through a third-party website, and you sign up to receive information about personal care and wellness deals or products from us, we will share your email address with that same third party so that they may contact you with related offers or services that may be of interest to you. They are prohibited from using your contact information for any other purpose without your consent. We will not provide your credit card information or any other personal information.
Aside from what is described above, we do not provide personal information to our advertising technology partners without your consent. To learn more about online advertising generally and manage your online advertising preferences, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative's website here.
The Security of Your Information
Insedia.com employs various physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to help protect the integrity and security of our systems and to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personally identifiable information that we control. For example, we scramble your password during transmission, and limit the employees who can access personally identifiable information to a small set who need such information to perform their jobs. While we take reasonable measures to protect your information, we do not, however, guarantee the security of your information. If Insedia.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically, either by e-mail on via our website, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. These methods of communicating with you are only examples. We retain the right to decide which method we will use to notify you of a security breach, and will do so consistent with our legal obligations.